Welcome Friends to Naturally Free Homestead
You want to know homesteading skills, but you don’t know where to start.
You think you have to own land to do any homesteading.
You want to be more independent and grow your own organic garden, but you don’t have a green thumb.
You want to make natural remedies for your family, but you don’t know what works.
You want to know how to cook with whole foods and use less processed ingredients, but throwing together a fast food meal is easier and you’re not sure where to start.
I believe knowing homesteading skills will empower you to make healthy choices.
I believe you can use simple and natural ingredients to cook great meals and feel better.
I believe you can use natural remedies for your family when they are sick and see great results.
I believe you can grow and raise your own food.
I believe homesteading is achievable wherever you live.
Imagine learning the homesteading skills you need to cook whole foods without processed ingredients, use simple ingredients, and have a good meal for your family.
Imagine learning to bake homemade bread that’s an ancient grain Einkorn that many can eat but can’t tolerate white or wheat, and teach your children to make it too.
What would it be like if you could use natural remedies when your family is sick and they actually work and get better?
Imagine having an organic garden and the joy of growing your own food.
Imagine raising animals for food….
When you become a member of the Naturally Free Homestead community you will gain the knowledge and confidence to learn modern homesteading skills, so you can independently provide for your family.
Hi, I’m Lori Free. We have 5 amazing kids we homeschool, raise animals, and grow our food to provide for our family. We love working the land, running through the woods, and playing in the creek.
When I started my homesteading journey, I felt overwhelmed and didn’t know where to start. I was reared on home cooking, and I wanted to feed my family the same way. When I was in charge of shopping and meals, I realized the labels were full of so many additives and sugar. I had begun to get headaches and was very tired, so I began to look for clean foods. Cooking from scratch with whole foods and using natural remedies became my mission.
Although learning these skills seemed very intimidating to me, I always desired to learn more and live an independent life and have healthier food. Cooking it myself was cheaper than buying some of the healthy options at the store. So, I first began with whole foods. I learned basic skills right where I lived, cooked simple whole meals, made bread with my own sourdough starter, made butter, yogurt, and natural remedies, and grew an organic garden. Then, when we moved we added animals, so I could provide healthier food.
Now, I have gained confidence in learning these skills and can cook simple meals from scratch, make natural remedies, and raise our food.
We are a city couple with 5 kids turned farmers and now we live on acreage. I have a passion to show you how to develop homesteading skills wherever you live. I did many of these skills in my previous home.
Homesteading is inside of us. This way of life may be hard, but knowing you worked hard to achieve a homegrown life makes it that much sweeter. I feel it makes things slow down a bit….and I crave a slower-paced life.
I know it can work for you and your family. You can do it!
How can I help you?
I would love to hear from you. If you have any questions or homesteading skills you are learning, I would love to read about your journey. Email me at Lori@naturallyfreehomestead.com or find me on Gab, Rumble, and Pinterest. Shop our Homestead Store for more resources for your homesteading journey.
A little bit about me…
- I’m a follower of Jesus
- I’m from Spfld, Mo. where a few famous people were born. I moved to Texas when I married my best friend
- My favorite date with my husband is to get take-out and eat quietly somewhere and just talk
- My Duggar cousins had shows on TLC
- I’ve had 5 natural births…..firstborn at the hospital and 4 were born at home. Three girls then two boys. I had my first miscarriage when I was pregnant with number 6.
- My kids’ names spell HOME…all by accident. Had M, H, O….If we had a fourth I already had a name and I realized that would spell home…crazy! Now with 5 we have M squared.
- My mom is an identical twin….when they married their last initial stayed the same. they both had a girl first, then a boy, and they both have 5 grandchildren!
- We have always homeschooled
- I didn’t know I loved farming so much…..cooking from scratch and a natural life was very important to me. That love grew into a deep passion for the land and all the joy I have working it. I love my homegrown life.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you in our homestead community. Can’t wait to hear from you.